Friday, March 31, 2006

My Distraction

My sister Sue bought me a new sewing machine a couple of weeks ago and I've been trying it out this week. First I made a purse for myself. I saw the pattern in a quilt magazine and i just had to have one. The scraps of fabric left over from that project made the little set of clothes that Hannah is wearing here in this layout. The only thing I bought specifically for this is the lime green trim.So far I've made her 2 different capri outfits and I have a sundress
picked out to be the next
project.

Also I had ordered lots of 3 Bugs stuff thinking I'd have plenty of time to get an entry ready for their DT call. Today's the last day and I have 2/3 of my things ready. This layout, and an altered picture frame that's drying (I'll share later). My last layout is planned out in my head but nothing is done on paper. I'll get to work on it as soon as I've run some errands. If I get done, I'll send them off, if I don't, that's OK too. I like what I've done so far and that's what really matters the most.

I really love this layout. Hannah looks so cute. She loves pretty, girly things so she's a joy to sew for. Getting her to slow down long enough to take a photo is another story. I took 40 something shots with my digital, several were out of focus, more were of the side of her head because she took off so I'd chase her down again. I love the photo of her chasing after Mom's chickies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is precious and I love the layout and the outfit!! Too cute!!