Friday, July 13, 2007

Playing Beauty Shop



I did this layout for the Lifts with a Twist blog challenge for this week. I loved the original layout but couldn't see myself using the cardboard pieces. They're just not my style. (odd that I can say what's not my style but still have no clue as what is - strange) I used papers from Lena Brandenburg’s Snugglebaby Paper pack and several items from the Snugglebaby Element kit. I love her digital kits and I alread had several. This is the first of the Lifts that I didn't have to go shopping before scrapping. I also used Shandy Vogt’s Painted Alphabet Stencils, Michelle Underwood’s Kick it Up Alphabet, Digital Stitches by ScrapStreet.com, frames from Seebee’s Freebies Old Photo Edges and a torn border from the Melon Sunshine kit by Pillowgirl’s Scraps. The font used is 2Peas Well Behaved.

It's been a blah kind of week. I haven't been inspired to do much, other than read. The week ended on a sad note today. My niece Jenny (that you can see here in layouts) lost her grandpa on her father's side this morning. He had a heart attack a couple of days ago and wasn't able to pull through because of other health problems. He was in his 90s and was loved deeply by his granddaughter Jennifer. I've been hurting for her because I know this is going to be really hard for both her and her grandmother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your lift! The pictures are WAY CUTE!!