Thursday, February 21, 2008

Valentine's Day mini book

I made this little book for Blake for V-day. It was a last minute idea and I worried about getting done and it looking ok since I didn't spend a lot of time on it. Another worry was whether he would like it, whether he thought it was too soon for so personal a gift, whether he would run screaming away...

Thankfully he loved it. He told me it meant a lot to him. He did all the reading that night before he went to bed and sent me the sweetest email. It was a keeper. It was such a relief that the gift was well accepted and loved.

It was my first hybrid project. Still a bit more digital than traditional but I like how it turned out. The book I used was an old purchase. I'm not sure who the manufacturer was, just that I got it at Hobby Lobby during the years I worked there. It was perfect for this. The title on the front is stickers. I covered the inside covers with papers by Fancy Pants. They were perfect with the digital items I used for the pages. I replaced the manila colored pages with black cardstock and then attached the 4 X 6 printed layouts on them. The ribbons are by Offray.



Here is a sample of what the pages looked like attached to the black background.



I used Brag template # 4 by Teriann Hanks, Kraft Stash Alphas by Trish Jones, Names kit by Digitreats, A Better Me, Seeing Stars and Pieces of My Heart papers by Weeds and Wildflowers. The fonts used are CK Peace Out and Template.

And now a closer look at just the layout.



The next page



I used Brag template # 4 by Teriann Hanks, papers from A Better Me and Loving You, Be Bold wordstrip from Being Me elements from Weeds and Wildflowers, heart element from How Lovely kit by Heidi Larsen, and Sweetness Ledger add-on by Meredith Fenwick. The font used is Bradley Hand.

page 3



I used papers from the Celebrating Color freebie and Live Life wordstrip from Being Me elements from Weeds and Wildflowers, Valentine Stamp from Nancie Rowe Janitz, Sweet Heart element by Krystal Hartley, and Sweetness Ledger add-on by Meredith Fenwick. The font used is MA Sexy.

Page 4



I adapted another Brag Template (5) by Teriann Hanks for this one. I just removed the element on the lower left and replaced it with the hearts. The Papers are from Loving You by Weeds and Wildflowers and the heart element is by Heart Attack from Krystal Hartley. The Date Stamp is also from Teriann Hanks.

5 - This one is a digi vday card that I used.



I used Be My Valentine quick page by Katie Pertiet.

and 6



For this layout I adapted a template by Terianne Hanks from Brag Templates # 6. I also used papers from Sweetest Thing paper pack by Krystal Hartley, SWAK Glitter Red and Love Dots # 2 by Katie Pertiet. The font used is LD Coffee House.

and the last page so far is a journaling page



I used paper from A Better Me by Weeds and Wildflowers, Artful Antiquities Blank Label Stickers by Christine Honsinger and LD Delightful font.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missy, this valentine booklet is adorable. I am so glad you are happy again!!
~memrybug~