Thursday, August 09, 2007

Anticipating Fall



I did this layout using Eva Kipler’s Template for Aug. 1 –15 at www.digitalfreebies.com. Most of the supplies I used are by Weeds and Wildflowers – tan swirl paper and stamp from Discovering freebie, peach and polka dot paper and ribbon accent from Welcoming Spring freebie, and corner doodle from Celebrating Color freebie. The orange paper (adjusted slightly) for the file folder is from Shandy Vogt’s Not so Simple Solids and the notepaper is from Teriann Hanks’ Just Journaling and the brown felt alphabet letters are by Shelle Pukas. The fonts used are 1 Bean Sprout DNA and American Typewriter.

The journaling reads: August 6, 2007
I ran across this photo on my computer this morning. I was looking for a picture of one of the kids to scrap. I was instantly taken back to that chilly November day. It was the first day that was cold enough to wear the new cap and scarf that I had just finished knitting. I had my camera with me that day to take photos of seventh graders to draw their self-portraits from. One of my kids took my picture and I worked on one of myself during this lesson. I remember that it was Dylan that took my snapshot but I can’t for the life of me figure out what I did with my drawing. I hope to run across it next week when I am working to get my classroom ready.

No comments: